Heat Exchanger - Corrugated TubeOur range of products include corrugated tube heat exchanger.
Corrugated Tube Heat Exchanger
Approx. Price: Rs 1 Lakh / UnitGet Latest Price
Corrugated Tube Heat Exchanger (CTHE) gives high heat transfer coefficient compared to shell & tube heat exchangers because of increased turbulence in tubes. This reduces heat transfer area for same process duty by almost 40 to 50% which in turn reduces overall capital investment. Hence use of Corrugated Tube Heat Exchanger is most economical solution for any process applications like condensation of vapours, cooling or heating. Corrugated tube is produced by indenting a plain tube with a spiral pattern. No tube wall thinning takes place & no strength is lost.
- A smooth indented inner profile ensures easy cleaning
- Turbulence is created at low fluid velocities to enhance the heat transfer in the tube
- Fouling on the tube surface is minimised
- A wide range of diameters & styles are available
Corrugated tube heat exchangers have many benefits and advantages over comparable smooth tube versions:
- Compact tubular heat exchanger
- Long running times due to turbulent flow
- Very low maintenance costs, minimum spares requirement
- Higher heat transfer coefficient (2-3 times) results in reduction in heat exchanger area up to 50%
- Fouling is minimised due to turbulence created by eddies at the periphery or tube wall
- High response to CIP
- Wide choice of MOC
- Uniform thermal processing
- More flexibility in annular space sizing.